Every year, Jay Handelman, critic with the Sarasota Herald Tribune, recognizes the best in professional and community theater for the past Sarasota season in the annual Handy Awards. I am incredibly honored to have had my work singled out among some of the finest area artists and productions. What’s more, Handelman not only called out one of my performances over the past season, but all three!
First, I played Polly in Crazy for You at the Players Theatre. Then, I went straight into the role of Julie Jordan in Carousel, also at the Players. Finally, I closed out the season as Edith in My One and Only at the Manatee Performing Arts Center. It’s been a whirlwind of a year for me and I can’t explain how gratifying it is to be recognized as doing good work.
Read the full article: The 24th Annual Handy Awards.
I hate to sound cliche, but I’d really like to recognize some of the people helped and supported me over the past season:
- My amazing, supportive husband – Jonathan Parks!
- My voice teacher Carlo Thomas
- My other voice teacher and super supportive coach and mother, Sharon Lesley Ohrenstein
- The directors of all three shows who cast and believed in me: Jared Walker, Berry Ayers, Rick Kerby.
- Kyle Turoff, who choreographed Crazy for You
- All my leading men: Logan O’Neil, William Massuck, and Michael DeMocko
- And my besties: Shelley Whiteside and Jolie Rand
And check out these youtube videos from all three shows!
Watch videos from Crazy for you.
Watch a video from Carousel.
Watch videos from My One and Only.